US Common Application
The CommonApp is one of the most widely used American undergraduate college admissions portals. It is used widely by colleges to gain information regarding applicants through an extensive application form involving personal information, educational information, extracurricular activities, essays, recommendation letters and other supplementary material.
1. Final Year Marksheets of Standards. IX, X and XI and Mid – Year Report of Standard XII if the applicant is currently in XII Std.
2. One School Counselor Form
3. Two Teacher’s Letters of Recommendation
5. Test scores – SAT scores to be forwarded online through College Board and TOEFL through ETS.
6. Universities might ask you to submit additional documents like Financial Documents, Extra Curricular Certificates etc.
The College Essay or Statement of Purpose reveals something important about you that your test scores can’t– your personality. It can give admission officers a sense of who you are, as well as showcase your writing skills.
The College Essays or the Statement Of Purpose is the opportunity to reveal your best qualities and to show the admission committee what makes you stand out from other applicants. A well written college essay/ sop is your entry into a top college of your choice.